This course is designed to strengthen and improve students’ English communication skills, so students may advance to higher level and/or compulsory English courses. A wide range of general English topics will be covered as well as Technical and Business English vocabulary, grammatical structures and texts. This will be accomplished through a variety of reading, listening, speaking, writing and grammar activities.
This course is designed to strengthen and improve students’ knowledge of Technical English by focusing on general and specific technical vocabulary and grammatical structures found primarily in the engineering and science studies and in the professional technical field. This will be accomplished through a variety of reading, listening, speaking, writing and grammar activities.
Students will be assessed by active participation and regular attendance in class, completion of homework assignments, a short presentation, and a final exam.
This course is designed to enhance students' communicative competence in an international business environment by practicing the four language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. The key business topics covered here relate to company structures, management and marketing. This will be accomplished through short lectures, interactive language sessions, mock meetings and negotiations.
This course is designed to expand upon the skills acquired in Wirtschaftsenglisch I. In an active-learning environment with meetings, case-study analysis and role-playing, students will improve their English language skills for complex business exchanges, such as negotiating and persuading, giving presentations, and participating in meetings.
This course is designed to improve the four areas of learning: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Written and oral communication skills, comprehension skills, advanced grammar skills, and vocabulary building will be strengthened in this course. This will be accomplished using different forms of media to discuss current, interesting topics.
This course is designed to prepare students for the TOEFL iBT Test. Four sections of the test (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) are separately analysed in detail and various activities are presented. Following this introductory stage, tests are applied. Upon completion of this course students can:
- identify the language skills required for each section of the TOEFL iBT.
- understand reading and listening texts based on academic topics and campus-related situations.
- express themselves clearly and understandably in response to questions concerning their opinions and reading or listening tasks.
- compose coherent short essays in response to academically based tasks.
Students will be assessed by active participation and regular attendance in class, completion of homework assignments, and a final exam similar to the TOEFL iBT Test.
- Teacher: Hakan Gür
Upon completion of this course students can:
- understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- produce clear, well-structured, detailed texts on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
Students will be assessed by active participation and regular attendance in class, and a final exam.
The online content can be accessed by those students who actively participate in the TOEIC course at the IZC.
- Teacher: Hakan Gür